Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Week 2: Seeking a best of...

Pharyngula which located at the ScienceBlogs.com is a very good blog that talks about evolution, development, and random biological information.

The Pharyngula is created by Dr. PZ Myers who is the professor at the University of Minnesota. When I first entered to his blog, the simple background and the well organized sections make me feel relax to keep checking his site. His blog has divided into different sections like the most recent posts and comments, the top science stories, and also separate his posts into years and months so that people can search for his posts much easier.

In this blog, I can learn about science. In the "A Taste of Pharyngula" section, it has some postings like Octopus brains, Lobster sex, Wells and Haeckel's Embryos, etc. all those posts have very detailed explanation and also provided pictures so that readers could understand more about biography and science. Since the owner of this blog is a professor, so I belief his postings are more creditable than other random blogs.

I always think that science blogs are boring and the postings would be words by words without any interesting things, or maybe postings by professors would full of logical boring arguments. When I look at Dr PZ Myers, I changed what I thought. His blog is not just showing science news or some textbook things, he also write about what he did and thought when he's in his university. This make me know more about a professor's life. Also his blog is not boring at all, like the post "I don't think I could make something this ugly if I tired" which is a video clip of a bad designed game. The other like "So begins my descent into madness" which is his thought of his first day of classes.

This Pharyngula is interesting which it's not just words, it has some interesting video clips and the blog owner provided his own opinions and also some questions to make readers to think about and give comments on. Also, I can really learn about science in this blog, it is a valuable blog.

No comments: